It also features a patented smoke sensing chamber, designed to amplify signals from smoke, but diminish stray internal reflections. By using a laser diode instead of a standard LED light source into the sensing chamber, Pinnacle is able to achieve sensitivities from 0.02% to 2% per foot obscuration.
The detectors’ extensive software processing includes multi-alert drift compensation, internal self diagnostics, and superior transient signal rejection algorithms to produce unprecedented stability at ultra high sensitivities, over the complete temperature range. Because Pinnacle is base-compatible with all other 200 Series detectors, system designers can seamlessly mix it with other standard detection technologies thereby reducing overall cost.
Other advantages of Pinnacle over other high sensitivity detection methods are:
- Pinpoint identification of the fire location resulting from addressability
- No delay in response because of smoke dilution or smoke transportation time as in aspirated systems
- Complete supervision of wiring and detector
Pinnacle is designed to protect valuable assets and operations where systems must remain online at all times. Many sensitive areas cannot tolerate even small amounts of smoke. Some ideal applications for Pinnacle include:
- Telecommunications switching facilities
- Cellular telephone infrastructure
- Integrated circuit fabrication facilities
- Computer rooms
- Traffic control centers
- Clean rooms
Plug-in. Requires a Low Profile 200 Series Base.